Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My experiences with diets

Hello lovely readers~

So recently I've been trying to eat healthy and lose fat. I'll be taking pictures soon so I wanted to look my best. :D I have a chubby cheek complex; I have really chubby cheeks and when I smile my cheeks look even chubbier! ToT 

Here are my "diet secrets" ahahahah 
At the end are my experiences with various meal plans.
Disclaimer: These tips are what worked for me. They may not work for you; everyone's bodies are different. I'm no nutritionist or health advisor either; just a girl who wants to be healthy and look healthy. 

Tip 1: Eat healthy! I know this is pretty obvious, but it's more important than you think. According to Cassey from Blogilates, our diet is 80% of the weight loss. Other things like exercise, enough sleep, etc. make up the remaining 20%. Whole foods and mostly veggies are great components of any meal.  
I ate the above salad for lunch for a whole week! It's made out of lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, carrots, cucumbers, and chicken, topped off with raspberry vinaigrette. YUM.

Tip 2: Have a break day! It's okay to have a break day once in a while, and moderately eat any food you are craving. Make sure to get back on track afterwards though!
Mmmmm pineapple pizza, my favorite. ^_^ (One of those slices have over 300 calories! daaaang...)

Tip 3: Drink tea~ I drink oolong tea because I have a lot left over after I bought a big container at Teavana.. Green tea is really good too. It helps with metabolism and detoxifies your body. Drinking a cup a day can help with weight loss, as well as naturally improve your health overall.
Nice tea...
Tip 4: Avoid eating at night! Our bodies use significantly less energy at night, so there's no point in charging up our bodies with sugars, fats, and proteins if we're just going to relax at home and sleep. I try to avoid eating anything heavy after 6-8pm. This way you feel hungry in the morning for breakfast too. :D Instead of eating, do your work or keep yourself busy with your hobbies. Mine is gaming. ^o^
My obsession with video games continue~ 

Don't forget the many other parts to a healthy lifestyle such as exercise, relaxation, good sleep, etc.

On a side note, I tried a detox diet for a few days. I drank tons of oolong tea and only ate veggies and maybe a boiled egg or some boiled chicken a day. I actually lost around 1 kg a day doing this, and my body felt much lighter and less groggy. The weight didn't come back on as fast as I thought it would too! I might try this again to see if the results are consistent. 

On another side note, after the detox diet, I heard about this one meal a day diet. It sounded too good to be true, and it was.. T_T Apparently the one meal a day diet is when you eat whatever you want, except in one meal around 2-4pm. This way you stay full the whole day and don't eat at night. I tried this for a week; no good. It is too good to be true. It might work for some people, but it didn't work for me. (Probably because I ate lots of cookies and ice cream in that one meal ehehe)

I know tons of people have no concerns with their weight or their health. This is just my experience with trying to maintain a healthy body, because I know myself too well. If I didn't have any limits, I would eat many fattening foods like chips, fries, burgers, ice cream, spaghetti, pizza, cheese, cereal, lots of cookies and crackers, pastries, bread, ahh the list goes on and on. Why do I love food too much.. T-T

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment