Saturday, November 9, 2013

OPI Samoan Sand Swatch and Review

Hello!

This is OPI Samoan Sand, a very pretty nude nail color. I was on a hunt for a "my nails but better"/mannequin nails shade, and I think this one was pretty nice. ^^

Two coats, under artificial light with top coat. Sorry for the messy painting..

Yep, another attempted bottle shot..

Update: I got a better bottle shot! This is more close to what it looks like in real life.

With different lighting, and lobster hands, you can see that the polish has yellow/pink undertones.

I like this lighting better though. :D

The formula is good: sheer with the first coat, with maybe a few streaks, but with a second coat, everything evens out nicely. You could even put on a third coat if you hate visible nail lines, but I like the semi-sheer effect sometimes. 

I guess this is a beige, nude, pinkish yellowish sheer color? (lovely description, -_-) It reminds me of sand (derp) and sort of a dull peach.. I wouldn't recommend using a matte top coat, because it'll look like you have doll skin on your nails.. T_T Unless that's your goal.. If you have a similar skin tone, the polish will look like mannequin nails; a nice, sophisticated sort of look. It MIGHT make your hands look a little dirty, because of the yellow undertones, but everyone is different.

The thing is, mannequin nail shades are difficult to find, at least for me. I actually researched and bought quite a few other nude nail colors before buying this, and I'm still on the hunt. I found another nice one, but I'll post about that another time.

I'm actually amazed at how I painted well for my derpy left hand. o_o magic...!

Overall, I give OPI Samoan Sand five umbrellas.
☂☂☂☂☂

'Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. Ahahah 'doll skin'... SO TRUE!! XD
    This looks beautiful on you! Very chic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, creepy doll skin o_o;; and thank you! :D mannequin nails make my hands feel sophisticated :D

      Delete
  2. Does it come out translucent? I am worried I will have to put on 5 coats to make it solid color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does come out slightly translucent with the first coat, but if you put 2-3 coats, it'll definitely be more opaque. This polish is definitely more squishy and jelly-like rather than creamy. 5 coats would be unnecessary in my opinion unless you're looking for a totally opaque, thick effect.

      Delete