Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Manicure experiments

Hello~

Ever since I saw this picture of a girl's nails with a lavender base and red french tips, I've always wanted to recreate it. I tried back last year here with Essie's To buy or not to buy as the base color, but it was so streaky so I used Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac this time instead. 
Well... Lacey Lilac was too blue... It made Essie's Clambake look too blood red. This wasn't the look I was going for, but oh well I can try again next time!

Thumb: jelly sandwich with OPI Living Daylights and Essence Cotton Candy
Slanted French tips L-R: Sinful Colors Orange Cream, Island Coral, Beautiful Girl (The mint part was Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet.)
Pinky: jelly sandwich with OPI Minnie Style and OPI I Theadora You

So I fixed that hand ASAP into this. I was experimenting with which pink base would look best against the mint green tip. These were inspired by Minzy from 2NE1. I saw her have something similar in some episode of 2NE1 TV. I used tons of different colors to see which combo would look the best. 
Pretty good for me cause I can't freehand anything!

My first jelly sandwiches.. I kinda like the one on the pinky rather than the thumb. Sorry for not cleaning the edges! T-T

'Til next time!~

2 comments: