Saturday, July 13, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand Review / Swatches / Comparison

Hello~

Today I have reviews and swatches of some of OPI's liquid sand polishes. I remember when they first came out, I was all "liquid sand?!? nail polish is supposed to be shiny and glossy!" I now really like the liquid sand trend. :D The comparison of the three red/pink/coral liquid sands are near the end of the post!

(Pictures aren't very good today..sorry! >.<)
L-R: OPI Get Your Number, Magazine Cover Mouse, Jinx, The Impossible

You can see I got most of the red/pink/coral ones.. heehee
L-R: OPI Get Your Number, The Impossible, Jinx, Magazine Cover Mouse
One coat, under direct artificial light.

Under indirect artificial light. (Thumb is Magazine Cover Mouse.)

At first, I was sort of worried that these three would all look the same. Boy, was I wrong.
Oh, The Impossible has star glitter, as you can see in the bottle. When I painted these, however, I rushed and didn't have time to fish out the star glitter.. -.-

L-R: OPI The Impossible, Jinx, Magazine Cover Mouse

See? It's much more obvious in real life, but you can tell that these three colors are indeed different. In real life, The Impossible is a hot pink, Jinx is much more coral with the golden glitter, and Magazine Cover Mouse is a very pigmented dark strawberry red. Some people may argue that they are all very similar, but in the nail world, these three are not dupes for each other. :P

My 2 cents on liquid sand: I know it's been a while since the trend has been out, but overall I like the liquid sand finish. It's not as rough as I thought it would be; more like sandpaper rough...? These polishes look especially pretty in sunlight, because the intense amount of glitter sparkles like crazy! I got compliments on The Impossible, which is the most pink out of the three. Removal wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. I used the foil method to remove the glitter.

'Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. These polishes look absolutely beautiful! I saw them first when Frmheadtotoe reviewed them, and had my heart set on these. *__* They're so darn pretty, thank you for the review!

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! :D And yes, they are really pretty polishes! I actually convinced myself to buy these after reading Jen's review on frmheadtotoe!

      Delete