Saturday, December 22, 2012

I tried... - Essie/OPI James Bond

Hi guys!

I'm back... with nails. It's been months since I've last painted my nails, which explains my failure today.
Since I grew out my nails, I guessed I would do some pretty nail art.

L-R: To buy or not to buy, clambake


It started out fine. 
And then I tried to add french tips to the red nails.


I jumped the gun. The nail tape ended up peeling off my red base. So this is what I ended up with. T_T

I erased the messy nails and just kept it clean and simple.

My other hand ended up like this. I had enough of essie's sheer, streaky lavender.

L-R: OPI Goldeneye, OPI Die another day, China Glaze Glistening Snow


Overall...
Clambake: Great formula, very pretty color: a bright, orange-y red. Needs more than one coat.
To buy or not to buy: AGHHHH the formula for this one was disappointing... the color is pretty though. There is very tiny micro-glitter in the polish but you can barely see it. :( I would just use this for designs.
Die another day: Slightly metallic, shimmery orange-y red. Formula is great, but as you can see, one coat is not enough to cover the nail line. I put it on this afternoon, and it's already chipping! (I didn't use a topcoat btw.)
Goldeneye: SO PRETTY. It's so sparkly, and AHH my camera can not pick up all of the shimmery goodness.
Glistening Snow: So pretty as well! But you probably want a topcoat, b/c without it the polish dries pretty rough. Tiny micro-glitter makes it so sparkly, especially in sunlight. 

I tried guys... holiday manicures are tough. I'll just call today an experiment. I promise I'm not this bad.

Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!! :D Glistening Snow is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete