Friday, December 27, 2013

Made Cake Pops -> Got Tired -> Made Cake

Hello,

So a few months ago, my friends and I (including Ginger) gathered and made cake pops for the first time! I know the cake pop craze has been around for a while, but it's never too late to try something new. I just remember thinking that cake pops were over priced, but now I see why. Making cake pops takes SO MUCH MORE effort than expected. Sure, they look all nice and pretty at the end, but people eat it in one bite, and just like that, all your hard work and sweaty efforts are gone. -_-;;

They look so nice and pretty~ But man they are supa sweet.. even for me, and I have a severe sweet tooth. 

Step 1: Bake a cake. We used a pre-made cake mix, cause from scratch is too much effort.. we lazy haha

Step 2: Crumble the cooled cake, add some frosting, and shape into 1-inch balls. (Good thing our perverted friend wasn't here to see this.)

Step 3: Melt some cookie melts, or chocolate. We had some problems with this step, because the cookie melts aren't exactly thin when melted, so we added oil (we didn't have shortening) but it was still hard to smoothly dip the cake into the melted chocolate.

Step 4: Dip the sticks into the melted chocolate, then stick them into the chocolate cake balls. Wait until it cools and binds to the cake balls. Then, dip the cake pops into melted chocolate, sprinkle some sprinkles, and allow them to cool completely. Yayy done! Now that only took like 4 hours.. ><

With the leftover cake mix, we baked a cake! and used funfetti rainbow sprinkle frosting. It looked soo pretty, and the colors of the sprinkles made the cake look like it was from a cartoon or something. Ahh cake from the heavens!! 

I was really curious about why cake pops were so popular, but since I now have a taste of what they're like, I think I won't be making any more cake pops for the rest of my life. I'm more interested in pastries and fancy-schmancy desserts these days.. but I always like me some good ol' fashioned chocolate cake. :D It was really fun making the cake pops, but I guess I'm just too lazy.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment