Thursday, December 19, 2013

Syrup Nails / 100th Post!

Hello!

Woohoo it's our 100th post! And it's already almost been a year since this blog was started.. Time goes by just like that. Anyways today I have some syrup nails! So pretty~ 

For syrup nails, you use a jelly polish that is very sheer and create a gradient effect by painting 3/4 of the nail, then 1/2 of the nail, then 1/4 of the nail, etc. Then you paint over the whole nail with a very sheer white to give it a milky effect and smooth out the layers. It's very simple and easy, and looks very nice. :D

Look what a difference some glitter makes! 

The redder polish is Modi Juicy Nails Cherry Glasse, and the pink shade is Pudding Pink. I used China Glaze Fairy Dust for the glitter!

So squishy looking haha..

L-R: Modi Juicy Nails Cherry Glasse, Pudding Pink, Revlon Colorstay Calla Lily, China Glaze Fairy Dust

I'm using a different topcoat lately, and it shrinks the edges like crazy. Not to mention my nails chip in a day now. T_T

Fairy dust is so pretty... I love holographic glitter...

Anyways, this has to be one of my favorite nail art techniques! It's so girly and cute.. lol perfect to cancel out my goofy derps and inelegant habits haha..

But man! I can't believe it's already been a year since this blog was started! I'm considering changing up the layout a bit.. Idk I might do it sometime this break. Last two finals tomorrow! I've been procrastinating ever since I came home.. Time to study after I take a shower. T_T I don't want to study, but I can't risk failing my finals. Stress is affecting my skin so much. Wish me luck!

'Til next time!

1 comment: