Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Totoro nails!

Hello!

I did these Totoro nails a few weeks ago (I know, quite delayed) and they turned out a lot better than I thought! I followed this tutorial at http://luuthienluv.blog.me/140141040206

The movie My Neighbor Totoro has always been one of my favorite childhood movies. Some people find it boring because it lacks any action or intense drama, but I like these type of calm, nostalgic movies because of the creativity and imagination. Totoro is just so cute! So are the mini totoros and the little dust sprites. I actually love all of Studio Ghibli's movies. I highly recommend them if you're looking for cute, yet comical and deeply moving films!

Tehehe it took a while but it was worth it!

Look at those dust sprites! >.<

They made me smile when I was in nervous or boring situations. :D

L-R: Petites Vintage Grey, Zoya Rocky, Essie Licorice, Wet n Wild A Blank Canvas, Sally Hansen Limestone, and NYC Grand Central Station (Used as top coat)

All polishes were good and opaque, but I still used two layers when doing the bodies of the totoros. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the white polish was sort of bubbly, as you can see in the very last picture. :o I don't like bubbly polishes.. 


The tools.. I actually didn't use the brush because I thought it would be too thick to do any detailed designs with. I ended up using the toothpick for details like the ears and nose, and the dotting tools for eyes, etc.

I'll try my best to switch between different types of posts! School is starting next week, so I might not have enough time to update as much, which is a bummer. :[ Anyways, I enjoyed summer this year, as it was the first summer when I was actually obsessed with nail polish and other hobbies! I still have to try out needle felting.. -.-

OHOHO I almost forgot! Doesn't this look kinda scary? Haha this was while I was doing the eyes.. Looks like a cute little ghost Totoro! ^_^;;

Thanks for reading!
'Til next time~

2 comments:

  1. Your nails looks so freaking cute!! :'D
    I loved Totoro!! Such a sweet movie filled with childhood wonder. I adore Hayao Miyazaki's films, and even when they aren't as fantastical as other ones he has done (like Spirited Away), he always manages to catch realism in a way that you can completely relate to the story and characters.
    The bottom image is cute!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashesela!! :D and I agree; I really like his stories and characters. There's something about his movies that always attract me.. ^^

      Delete