Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Skincare Routine~

Hello everyone~

I was just in too good of a mood to not post again.. haha sorry for the sporadic posts.. T_T You know that feeling when you have a cold but you're extremely hot and your body is sticky and you feel like you're in another world? Yep I'm in that stage right now.. >_>

Getting back to the post! Here's my skincare routine for now.. I try to use as little as possible on my skin, because I have oily, acne prone skin. I try to use products that aren't too heavy and that have no oils. I know it's very basic, but hey I'm still kinda young! and lazy. .-.

I use Clinique's acne solutions line (which I will post a review about soon!) as well as their sunscreen. I use the masks on the right once in a while whenever my skin feels either too dry or too oily/acne explosions..

I never realized I used all Clinique.. haha anyways.. 
Step 1: I use Clinique acne solutions foaming cleanser both morning and night. Afterwards, I splash cold water on my face to close my pores and feel refreshed. ^-^;;

Step 2: I use Clinique moisture surge to moisturize my face. This works well for my skin because it is moisturizing and not oily or thick at all, so it doesn't clog my pores. It is perfect for people with combination skin, because it moisturizes your whole face without contributing to the oiliness on your face.

Step 3: I use Clinique acne solutions clearing moisturizer ONLY on the areas of my face that are breaking out. This has some benzoyl peroxide, which helps to kill the bacteria associated with acne, so you don't wanna use it on the sensitive areas on your face like under your eyes. Also, I only use it 1-2 times per week, because using it everyday will make your body get used to the treatment and will lessen the effectiveness.

Step 4: SUNSCREEN... I use Clinique face cream with 30 SPF.. all day erryday. :D This is probably the most important for me, because I wanna protect my skin from those rays! I'm also very prone to sun spots and tanning, so if I don't use sunscreen I pretty much cry and hate myself for the next few days.. 

Here are the masks that I use.. teehee I feel like such a girl when I use them. ^o^ Makes me feel like I'm treating my skin really well.. even when I'm not lol. I'll review these too.. someday..

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: I bought this after Lindy from Bubzbeauty used it/ recommended it I think. It's a great clay mask that absorbs all the oils from your face and makes it feel super clean and refreshed. It's relatively inexpensive too; perfect for my budget. I only use it once or twice a week, and it does a great job on absorbing the oils/ making it easier to remove whiteheads and blackheads afterwards. It really helps to calm down my acne.. I used to use the Biore pore strips afterwards, but I used them all up. :o Need to get more.. or I might try Michelle Phan's homemade pore strips..

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX: I got this from an Asian beauty supply store a few months ago.. My skin suddenly turned really dry and scaly, with lots of rashes and itchiness last winter.. The lady at the counter recommended this mask as it was based on water, so it wouldn't clog pores/ contribute to acne. Apparently it's one of their best selling products. It's extremely moisturizing and refreshing, and the scent is so nice.. It just calms you down and makes you think of peaceful thoughts.. lol! You put on a thin layer at night, and then go to sleep. The next morning, after you wash your face, it should feel really plump and bright and in better health overall.

So yup.. That's my skincare routine.. It's very minimal and simple, in my opinion, compared to the skin routines I've seen for other people on YouTube. Of course I wanna do more to my skin, but there's just so much a student can do.. Perfect skin has always been one of my goals.. I'm just hoping that my acne will go away in the future. Hopefully I'll post an updated skincare routine in a couple of years or months with new products! Once my acne goes away, imma look for a new cleanser, as well as a serum for my dark spots!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment