Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fimo Fruit Slices on Yogurt Nail Art

Hello!

This is a nail art design inspired by luuthienluv (again) haha she has the best nail art tutorials!

Yes, compared to hers, mine are pretty fail.. But I still like them. :D I like my pinky the best.


I used these fimo fruit slices that I got from my birthday last year. They're ok; not too thin or thick but it works.

I first painted a base white layer that dripped down the tips of my nails. Then I used top coat to stick the fruit slices on my nail.

Since this was my first time using fimo slices, I didn't know exactly how to make them stick perfectly. I know now though.. T-T

Ignore my wrinkly fingers please.. T_T

Yep I didn't put them on my thumb, because they were pretty thick and 3-D that they caught in my hair and in my back pack. The color on my thumb is Modi Nails Fruits Punch or something.. I'll post about it soon!


Haha so many times where I forgot these were on my nails and I ran my hands down my hair, and they got stuck.. 

L-R: Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat, Rimmel French White Tip Pro, Sally Hansen White Tip, Fimo fruit slices

These lasted on my nails for a few days before they started falling off.. If you're not used to 3-D nail art, then be careful when using your fingers! They get caught in like everything..

Some things I learned when using fimo slices:
-Don't be afraid to use a lot of top coat when putting on the slices!
-Make sure to cover the top of the slices completely with top coat or else they will curl upwards when drying (like what happened to my watermelon on my pointer finger!)
-Make sure the top coat dries, though, before you do other things with your hands.
-Nail art glue is another option. I just didn't have any..
-Don't press down or move around the slices if they start to bend away from the nail while drying. I did that and the white nail polish smudged and agh and yeah..

Next time I might only put one or two slices on each nail.. My nails were too short to put three on each nail without them overlapping each other completely. Overall, it was a good experience! The slices really make your nails pop out especially since they're 3-D. Now I want to buy some gemstones!

'Til next time!

1 comment: