Friday, November 29, 2013

Nail Polish Collection - I got a melmer!!

Hello hello ^-^

Guess what guys? I got a melmer!! Yayy I got it for 60% off at Michael's thanks to their black friday deal. This was the only thing I bought this year for Black Friday.. I'm a po girl now..

Anyways, I really like it! I wouldn't have bought it at its original price, but the sale price was worth it.
The assembly part had some interesting directions, but it came out fine at the end. :D

This is how I store my nail polish before: I used shoe boxes and souvenir boxes, and stacked them up. It was sort of a hassle because I had to lift and spread them all out on the ground to choose colors. I haven't counted all my bottles, and I don't plan to.. I'm going to stop buying a lot of nail polish now, because I can only manage so much..

Yayy this is the top drawer of the melmer. It has Sally Hansen, Zoya, Orly, Modi, Petite, and my top and base coats and nail polish remover and other supplies. 

The second drawer has my huge collection of Sinful Colors, Revlon, Essie, Wet n Wild, NYC, The Face Shop, and some other random smaller bottles of nail polish from drugstores usually.

The bottom drawer has most of my upper brands, like OPI, China Glaze, Nicole by OPI, butter london, and other random polishes that I don't have a lot of like Ulta and Hello Kitty and Essence and Urban Outfitters. (I like to organize by brand, because it looks nice that way. heheh...:D)

I know, I have wayyyyy too much nail polish. T^T That's why I'm going to stop. I used to buy colors I didn't even really like, just because they were on sale. Now I'm going to only buy things that I realllyyyyyy want. I haven't bought any nail polish from the winter collections this year (I think) and I'm hoping to keep it that way. I usually buy from the spring collections more.. But yep! I'm happy I got a melmer, because it is a way better storage system for me than my shoe box method. It looks a lot cleaner and neater too. :D My goal for the rest of my life is to not exceed one melmer full of polish, unless I get rich-wait what?

'Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome!! :D I really like your setup!! :D I know how you feel, because I recently decided to keep only my most special polishes, and I cannot exceed one Helmer drawer full XD. If I want something new, I have to swap something old out (and then I put it up for sale!). It saves loads of money, and the polishes I love most get even more love and use. :D
    Melmers look really great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ^_^ And wow, that's so cool! That's a really good way to manage and limit collections. :D I'm a huge pack rat and have no self-control, so I would have a hard time parting with anything.. T_T

      Delete