Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mint Sorbet and Teddy Girl Swatch and Review

Hello~

Spring means pastels~ and lots of pollen.. I love pastel colors, so today I have a very simple pastel NOTD. 
Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet is my favorite mint polish, and butter London Teddy Girl is slowly becoming my favorite pastel pink polish... Swatches and quick reviews coming up!

I used two coats for each polish. Natural light.

Artificial light.


Yummy.. Who else likes castella?

Sorry I forgot bottle shots, but Mint Sorbet is from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line. Teddy Girl is from, well, butter London. 

Mint Sorbet: This is your very basic mint creme polish. I love the color and the formula. It's smooth, non-streaky, and opaque in two coats. Since this is from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line, the brushes are nice to work with, at least for me. Plus the brush is very long, which I feel gives much more control when painting. I highly recommend this polish! It's such a pretty mint color~

Teddy Girl: For a creme pastel pink polish, the formula is pretty good. I've had much worse. T_T Teddy Girl is opaque in two coats, and is slightly streaky the first coat but it's fine because the second coat evens everything out. Of course, butter London polishes are always very nice~ The brushes are smaller, like Essie brushes, which I feel are good for their formulas. This may be slightly runny, but for a pastel pink, you can't get much better. :P

If I could, I would wear pastel colors everyday.. I'm still looking for a pastel yellow that doesn't stain my nails!! T^T

Oh by the way, I officially committed to my future university today. It feels sort of weird knowing that I'll be somewhere else for the next four years. I committed too late to find a roommate among my friends, so I just did the random roommate. Hopefully my future roommate is nice and doesn't smoke or bring people over! Because I like peace and quiet when I study... My friend told me to either choose two of the following: a social life, good grades, or sleep. I think I'll choose good grades and sleep.... T_T I mean, pshhh... a social life.....? ToT I'm afraid I won't have time to do any nail art... Maybe just simple solid colors... wahh.... first world problems.

'Til next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment