Friday, June 7, 2013

Carmex Strawberry Lip Balm SPF 15 Review

Hello~

I got this Carmex for a really good price a while ago at CVS.. I never tried Carmex so I thought I 'd give the strawberry "click-stick" lip balm a try. 

As you can see it's a clear, yellow-ish colored balm, kind of like vaseline. Well, it's pretty much petrolatum with a minty effect and a faint strawberry scent.
Whenever I try a new lip balm, I always smell it first. I was surprised by the nice strawberry scent AT FIRST... Then I went ahead and put the lip balm on and... uh oh.. >_< The strawberry scent virtually disappeared and I was left with the unpleasant scent of the SPF ingredients and a very minty feeling left on my lips for over 20 minutes.. People who like that cooling sensation will love this lip balm, but I personally prefer fruity lip balms.

Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Clear formula, looks glossy on lips
-SPF 15
-Good price (budget friendly)
-Appropriate for everyday use

Cons:
-Smells not as pleasant once you start using it
-sort of waxy/sticky on the lips
-very strong cooling sensation
-THE SCENT.... T_T I want that strawberry scent back..

Overall: Carmex Strawberry Lip Balm SPF 15 was okay. I didn't really have huge expectations, but it was fine. If SPF and a cooling sensation is wanted in a moisturizing lip balm, I'd recommend this. If you are sensitive to chemical-y scents and hate the cooling sensation (like me) then go look for something else lol. 

OH by the way the click stick effect is addicting! If you twist the lip balm up or down it makes this clicking sound - very satisfying.. or is it just me...? >.<

Let my lip balm collecting continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment