Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pastel Blue and Pink Jelly Sandwiches~

Hello~

*Cough cough cough* I got the cold for the fifth time this school year..... o_o I usually only get sick once a year, but this time, man, my immune system isn't very strong... I blame the stress. 

Anyways, I know spring isn't here yet, but I'm getting back to my pastel colors~ I did jelly sandwiches with some glitters and super sheer colors. Speaking of sandwiches.... I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the first time in almost a year last week. It was so goooooooooooood~

I only did jelly sandwiches on my middle and pink finger here, as you can see.

I think I used 3 coats for the plain nails, and 2 coats of a base color, 2 coats of the glitter polish, and a final coat of base color for the jelly sandwich nails. I know, that sounds like a lot, but the coats were super thin because all the polishes were so sheer!

The polish in the bottle looks super pretty here~ ^o^

Same with this bottle~ So sparkly..


Since I used like 4-5 coats in total, I couldn't paint exactly over the previous layers.. I apologize for the messy painting..

L-R: Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams, OPI I Theodora You, Revlon Whimsical, Revlon Starry Pink

Quick Review:

Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams- A very sheer, sort of streaky pastel blue. You need 4-5 thin coats for FULL opacity, but I get away with 3.. I love the color, so for me, it's sometimes worth all the coats.

OPI Theodora You- This is a very pretty, soft shade of light pink~ I tend to use this a lot compared to my other soft shades. The formula is good- it's on the sheer side, but you only need like 3-4 thin coats for full opacity. The color is so pretty thought so it's always worth it for me. :P

Revlon Whimsical- Blue and pink hexagonal glitters of different sizes in a sheer, light blue base. This is VERY sheer and glitter is super sparse as well, so I had to use two coats and use the dabbing method in order to get some glitter equally over my nail. I know it's a dupe (supposedly) of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. Very pretty~ reminds me of cotton candy!

Revlon Starry Pink- Silver hexagonal glitters of different sizes in a sheer milky pink/white base color. I think the glitters in this one were a lot less sparse, which is good. I didn't have to use the dabbing method. :D Of course, the color is very sheer, so I had to use a different pink polish as a base color. Still, it's a very pretty color!

Overall, all the polishes were sheer but super pretty. I'm starting to like jellies more than cremes...... meh, who knows what'll happen?

'Til next time~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your blog and your style, congratulations and kisses from : http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/
    Follow me and I follow you back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous!! :D I love jellies! ^-^

    ReplyDelete