Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hungry like a woooooolf

Hello hello~

I went to eat at a Korean-Chinese restaurant a looong time ago, and looking back at pictures made me super hungry. o_o 

As always, they give sweet radish and onions with jjajang sauce, and kimchi as well. I remember I was so hungry that I ate all the radish and onions.. on an empty stomach. >_<

Tangsooyook
This is fried pork or beef, smothered in a sweet and sour sauce with some veggies and yummy pineapples..... My favorite. :D The tangsooyook was the best in this particular restaurant I went to.. The meat was crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside, and the sauce was perfect. Ah... so good. I hate it when restaurants let it sit for a while before serving, making the breaded part of the meat all mushy from the sauce. The fresher, the yummier~

My mom ordered jjamppong, which is a Korean spicy seafood noodle soup. Very yummy~ Ah....... *drools*

Gan-jjajang~
Yayyy this is what I ordered. The difference from jjajang and gan-jjajang is that with the latter, the jjajang sauce is a lot less liquidy and more like stir-fried veggies. The regular jjajang sauce has more of a creamy texture, due to the water and cornstarch added. Sometimes I like to eat both. :P On that particular day, the gan-jjajang sauce was a bit bland, but we asked for extra sauce and that made everything better.
I think the noodles here were green because they add a bit of green tea to their noodle flour? Idk..

Bul gan-jjajang (spicy)
This is pretty much the spicy version of the gan-jjajang. Look at all those chili peppers! I tried it once, and it was super spicy. I can handle spiciness pretty well, but this was so spicy it made you want to throw up... It's really tasty in the beginning, but when the spiciness hits, your tongue feels like it's on fire. I guess some people like it though. :D

Overall, everything was sooo yummy..... I really want to go back. T_T and get some of that tangsooyook in mah belly. Ever since I started my diet, my cravings have disappeared for the most part, but sometimes, I crave something a LOT and I just mope around in my room, wishing I had a car...

If you guys haven't tried Korean-Chinese cuisine, the above dishes are typically the most popular and common. The biggest dilemma is when you get to the restaurant and you can't decide between jjajang and jjamppong. o_o happens all the time......

Ohoh I got into more universities! More results are being released tomorrow, but after failing my calculus test today, my acceptance letter made me feel a bit better. :'D

'Til next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment