Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spring Trip

Hi guys~

This is sort of late but I went to New Orleans during spring break. It was my first time being there, so it was pretty cool. I haven't gone on a trip for a few years now so it was nice to just chill and hang out with the family. 

 Ahh palm trees! I haven't seen these since my childhood. The weather was so nice by the way... *-*
Just thought it was interesting that the building was built at a time when that was the correct way to spell fiber. The building was superrrr old.. Since I took APUSH this past year, I thought of the New York Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. T_T I kinda want to go back to those times, but not at the same time. Where I come from there isn't anything really old, so it was cool to see these buildings. 

Haha if you look closely, you can see that all the people waiting in line for fish and chips are dressed up! Apparently we went to New Orleans when they were hosting some event for the American Chemical Society. Pretty cool eh? 

Creepy Mardi Gras guy... It looked down on us as we went inside the souvenir shop. 

Ahh I wanted all of these! But it ate up my first two quarters so I just left...in despair. D: Once I get a job I'm going to start collecting plushies...

Yummy beignets from some cafe in Riverwalk! Apparently they're square, fried, French donuts covered generously with powdered sugar. So good.. >_<

I know I'm missing the important part of New Orleans.. the party! Lol it's true; every night in New Orleans is like Mardi Gras! There were tons of parties everywhere and people drinking neon colored margaritas and stuff I think. I got to see two wedding processions! On the street, the bride and the groom led the way and behind them was a marching band and all of the guests were drinking and laughing. Personally, I always imagined my wedding to be somewhere bright and fresh, during the daytime. I guess some people like to party hard, even for their wedding haha.
Anyways, the trip was pretty fun! The seafood was soo good and soo fresh. >_> I hope I can come back with my friends, cause it's kind of awkward to party hard with your family haha. We spent one night and two days there. The hotel was super humid and my skin broke out into rashes like crazy. -_- Oh well...

Til next time!  (/^▽^)/

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! Other than the humidity :/

    between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup! Humidity always bothered me.. T_T

      Delete