Monday, January 6, 2014

Fail Nails: Half moon manicure

Hey everyone~

Yup. I attempted a half moon manicure because I thought it looked really sophisticated and nice! But of course, with my luck and my horrible skills with tape, I sorta failed. T^T 

I used Sally Hansen White Tip, and Essie Licorice. You want to use colors that are very opaque and only take about a coat for full opacity. This pic was taken right after I painted the black part over the white base and peeled the tape off, so messy edges. 

This is after applying top coat. T_T As you can see, the white part smeared into the black part of the nail.. Stupid top coat brush.. I usually don't clean up after painting my nails, cause after I wash my hands throughout the day, or take a shower, the sides of my fingers magically because clean and free of nail polish. :D

This is what my nails looked like after a couple of days. T_T I guess I went to bed too quickly. The new topcoat I'm using isn't as nice as my previous one, but I'm going to try to use it up anyways. (bubbles, shrinking edges, smearing! D:) I'll try to post a review of it soon! 

But yes, I'm definitely going to try to attempt a half moon manicure again in the future. Hopefully my nail taping skills will have increased by 900%. :D Sigh break is over soon.. I enjoyed it though. I think I forgot how to study, and how to do calc. D: Not good..!! >_<;; I wasn't very productive (I watched youtube videos and ate my heart out) but it was very relaxing.. Time for #*($ to begin once again.. >_<

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment